- Feature Links
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
This page is a centralized directory for key community resources for the Town of Middleton, concerning the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
Governor Baker’s Reopening Massachusetts report is available here. https://www.mass.gov/doc/reopening-massachusetts/download
Additional information about the reopening can be found at: https://www.mass.gov/news/reopening-massachusetts-baker-polito-administration-initiates-transition-to-first-phase-of
To receive updates from the Town of Middleton please subscribe to https://middletonma.gov/list.aspx.
To receive text message updates from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts about COVID-19, text “COVIDMA” to 888-777.
COVID-19 Screening/Assessment Tool: The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has partnered with Buoy Health, Inc. to offer a COVID-19 screening and assessment tool. Click https://www.buoyhealth.com/ to access the webpage.
What to do if you think you have been exposed to Coronavirus/COVID-19: If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for medical advice. If you do not have a medical provider, call 2-1-1 for advice. Do not go to the Emergency Room unless you are experiencing life-threatening symptoms. Follow the CDC’s advice.
For questions about COVID-19, please email the Health Department’s dedicated COVID-19 address at firstname.lastname@example.org
Governor’s Order and Guidance
- Read the Latest on the Directives from the COVID-19 State of Emergency
- Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law
- Donations and Volunteer to Support the COVID-19 Outbreak in Massachusetts
- Middleton Board of Health-Food Establishment COVID-19 Retail Establishment Guidelines Order-04/09/2020
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health Guidance for Grocery Stores 04/07/2020
- Emergency Declarations&Updates
- Trusted Health Resources
- Business and Employee Resources
- School Information
- Donations and Volunteering
- Board of Selectmen Local State of Emergency 3/24/2020
- Board of Health Local State of Emergency 3/24/2020
- Middleton BOH Emergency Order Facial Coverings 4/13/2020
3/23/20 Update: Town offices at Memorial Hall, 195 North Main St. (DPW/Inspections/Land Use), Middleton Electric Light Department, as well as the Senior Center and Flint Public Library are closed to the public until further notice. The Transfer Station continues to operate on its regular schedule; however, the Swap Shop is closed. Public safety departments continue to operate, but are doing so at a heightened level of protection. These closures are done in order to promote social distancing and are done in concert with Governor Baker’s executive orders.
Board of Health Weekly Updates
- COVID-19 Update July 3,2020
- COVID-19 Update June 26, 2020
- COVID-19 Update June 19, 2020
- COVID-19 Update June 12, 2020
- COVID-19 Update June 4, 2020
- COVID-19 Update May 29,2020
- COVID-19 Update May 22,2020
- COVID-19 Update May 15, 2020
- COVID-19 Update May 8, 2020
- COVID-19 Update May 1, 2020
- COVID-19 Update April 24, 2020
- COVID-19 Update April 17, 2020
- COVID-19 Update April 10, 2020
- COVID-19 Update March 25,2020
Town of Middleton Additional Statements and Information
- Statement-March 20,2020- First Confirmed Case of COVID-19
- 3/16/2020 Statement from the Town Administrator Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 3/13/2020-Statement from the Town Administrator Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Statement from the Town of Middleton Public Health Director 2/28/20
- Medical Reserve Corp (MRC) Volunteer Letter-COVID-19 3-2020
Get Information From Trusted Sources
For the most up to date information, continue to check the Centers for Disease Control and Department of Public Health website links listed below:
- What you need to know about testing for COVID-19 in Massachusetts.
- Massachusetts COVID-19 Testing Sites
- COVID-19 resources for the recovery community
|Visit https://www.mass.gov/2019coronavirus for the latest news, case counts, and lab testing results.|
Resources for Senior Citizens
The Governor of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts identified essential services that may remain open during the COVID-19 pandemic. Details can be found at https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-essential-services.
Businesses desiring to be designated an essential service may submit a request at https://www.mass.gov/forms/essential-service-designation-request .
For businesses with general COVID-19 questions, email email@example.com
- COVID-19 Small Business Recovery Loan Fund
- Payroll Protection Program
- US Small Business Administration (SBA)
- SBA To Provide Small Businesses Impacted by Coronavirus (COVID-19) Up to $2 Million in Disaster Assistance Loans
- Handout for SBA Disaster Assistance Resources for Businesses
- The Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development offers resources for businesses related to employee benefits. The main page is at https://www.mass.gov/orgs/executive-office-of-labor-and-workforce-development.
- Specific resources can be found at the following links:
- Work Share Program: https://www.mass.gov/service-details/workshare-information-for-employers
- Rapid Response Layoff Aversion Team: https://www.mass.gov/service-details/rapid-response-layoff-aversion
- OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19: https://www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3990.pdf
- Unemployment Resources:
- Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) Private Sector Hotline is staffed Monday-Friday from 8AM-4PM: 508-820-2094
- March/18/2020 278 Massachusetts 16344 SBA Working Capital Loans Available
- MA 16344 EIDL Fact Sheet
- MA 16344
Sign up to Volunteer or Donate
- Donate to the Middleton Food Pantry, Council on Aging or Veteran’s of Middleton
- Sign up to volunteer for the Middleton Food Pantry or COA
- Donate personal protective equipment for Middleton’s first responders and health care workers
- Essex County Community Foundation COVID-19 Relief Fund
- Sign up to volunteer for Citizens Inn/Haven from Hunger